Feb 5, 2011

Day 34 - 36, New Year

It's been a whirlwind of a week. Drama was the word of the week, at home, at work, weather, personal stuff....I am so glad it's Saturday.

I am leaving in a few minutes to go into downtown Toronto to see Billy Elliot with my dear friend Bill. I'm so excited to be seeing this musical and be spending time with Bill.

Because of the winter storm we had on Thursday I didn't go to my regular Weight Watchers weigh-in. I went this morning and saw a loss of 3.9 lbs which puts me at 5% lost from my Weight Watchers starting weight 5 weeks ago. That seems like a big number but it was 10 days instead of 7 and it was a morning rather than an evening weigh in, so I know it will balance itself out when I weigh in again this coming Wednesday...but it's still nice to see isn't it?  My weekly average over the 5 weeks is 2.3 lbs - not too shabby!!!

The line up at the meeting was long - lots of new members still joining, but they had a special express lane for monthly pass holders so I didn't have to wait at all...that was nice :)  I wasn't able to stay for the meeting because I had to take my car in to be fixed but the flyer said the topic of the week was "Getting Back on Track" and I wish I could have stayed.

The last three days have been so hard for me. I've been struggling with mindless eating because I let myself get too hungry and just started grazing while waiting for my meal to cook, I was picking at leftovers, I was eating crappy food just because I didn't feel like cooking for one....a million reasons - all of them situations I have strategies for and have used successfully in the past.  Today I seem to be back on track and hoping that I am out of the worst and am refocused again. Will keep you posted.

Shout out to my blogger girls cause we're all doing lunch next weekend...woohooo!!! Miss you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the loss!!!

    Hope you had a super time at the show!

    I know cooking for one can be hard...what I used to do (and still do) is make extra so there is always a ready made meal in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times make it all worth while, eh?
    I always add in an occasional "eh" when I talk to my Canadian peeps.
    Makes me fit in that much better - eh?

    ReplyDelete