Jul 28, 2013

As July winds down...

Just a quick update to let y'all know I'm still alive and still chugging along.

It's taken me a while to get used to getting up at 430 again and having such long days but it's becoming habit again now and it's not as hard as it was the first week.  Having said that, this past week I was particularly tired and not sleeping well so Friday night I gave in and took pain medication and slept like a log until almost noon yesterday. I woke up feeling refreshed and pain free so it was worth it.

I've been making an effort to wear my fit bit every day and rack up my steps. It's a mental game I play with myself to beat my previous steps week over week. I tend to forget to wear it on the weekend (and I forgot yesterday) but I am trying to figure out a way to make it part of my weekend routine as well.

Tonight I went for a walk along the path near where I live that skirts the top of the mountain brow and I found a new path going down the escarpment I'd never seen before. I went down it a a few metres but it was very gravelly, dirt path-y and steep and I was wearing flip flops so I'll have to go back with proper footwear and see where it goes. If it meets the escarpment trail I used to run on, that would be wonderful because it would be a better way down for me than the stairs I normally use. I'll keep you posted!

I saw lots of broken trees and fallen branches from the storm we had last week and just as I was about 5 min from home, storm clouds rolled in and the rain came down hard. I got soaked the last few minutes coming home, but I love walking in the rain! Today was the perfect day for walking, blue skies, cool breeze and wispy clouds.

Weight wise, I am only weighing every two weeks but jeans that I wore two weeks ago that were snug are very loose today and I can see definition in my waist again. Woohooo!

Just some random pics I took with my iPhone while out walking today.





2 comments:

  1. How your clothes fit is a very good way of motivating weight loss. Good work making the jeans feel bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sounds like you are feeling better! It looks so pretty and green there! Sounds like you've got some beautiful places to walk! How your clothes fit is the best way I think! Great to hear you're getting back into work and feeling ok! That rest sounds much needed!

    ReplyDelete