Feb 14, 2017

Random Ramblings

My brother has gone home. He was here three months (with one week out for when he went back home for a week). It has been a difficult three months. 

Not because he's difficult to live with - quite the contrary. He's a great house guest - cooks, cleans, does his own laundry, always pleasant, makes a good cup of tea :).....but our apartment is a very, very small space and he is a big personality.  

He also always needs the TV on or to be talking whereas Liam and I are very much introverts and enjoy solitude and quiet,  he's the biggest extrovert I've ever met.  He is also a super picky eater which meant we were eating a lot of meals to accommodate him and most times I just let him cook so then for sure he'd be OK eating it.  It also meant increased groceries. A lot of bread. So much bread.

I'm glad to have my space back.

I'm glad to have my routine back.

And I'm glad some of the stress of feeling 'responsible' for him and trying to help him while he was here is gone.  I do hope he can pull his life together, for his own sake and his kids - but I don't think there was much more Liam or I could do for him at this juncture in his life.

I rejoined WW for another three months this past weekend. I really waffled between online and meetings but finally decided that online is working for me right now so let's see where I am in three months and if I need the extra motivation and push of meetings, I will revisit  it at that point.

  
  May 2016 to Feb 2017 ~ approx. 40 lbs

3 comments:

  1. you look amazing!!! keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good and sounding happy! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking pictures is a great idea, because you can see so much difference! Keep it up. I am also very happy when a guest leaves and we have the house back to ourselves! Three months is a long time to have someone else in your house, no matter who it is.

    ReplyDelete