Mar 9, 2011

Day 66 - 68, New Year

Week 10 on the new Weight Watchers Points Plus plan. I really wanted to tell you I was down 20lbs in ten weeks, doesn't that just have a nice ring to it? 

But it didn't work out that way.

I've lost 19.9 lbs in 10 weeks. 

And...I am thrilled :)

This program seems to suit my medical issues much better than the old one. It really makes me think before eating processed carbohydrates. The points are so high for these types of foods that it discourages me from eating them and turns me towards better-for-me choices.  I still indulge occasionally but I do it within my points and it's balanced by a healthy diet most of the time.

Last Friday was my son Liam's 14th birthday.  When I asked him what he wanted that night, he said "Coldstone". Coldstone is an ice cream parlour that has the most decadent and delicious ice cream I've ever tasted.  So...I had a bowl with him.  It was 12 points of sweet cream ice cream with chocolate chips and it was worth every point. Every spoonful was delicously creamy and cold.  I had no regrets about spending the points on it. Not a single second of remorse or guilt for eating so many unhealthy calories, otherwise what was the point of having it?

6 comments:

  1. Great work on the total lost Enz!!!

    Glad you had a nice time with your birthday boy and had a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, but I consider that 20 pounds. What is .1 of a pound? Seriously?? Congrats! You're back on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are doing so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES YES YES! Way to go on the 20lb loss in 10 weeks. What a great accomplishment. High Five!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL RIGHT! Excellent work, Enz! And good for you not feeling guilt over the ice cream - living without ice cream is not really living, am I right? ;)

    ReplyDelete