Jun 27, 2009

Saturday Catch Up

Good Saturday Morning (well almost afternoon!)

Once again the "boys" are still in bed. At this rate they will sleep their Summer away and it will be Fall in no time! Although I do have to admit I enjoy the peace and quiet and alone time every now and again.

Looking around me, the house is a mess. It's like this every Saturday morning - I'm not sure how it happens from Friday night to Saturday. Friday night it doesn't seem so bad but in the cold light of Saturday morning....it looks like a bomb hit.

Last night I went to a meetup with some WW on line women for the first time. I had never met them before and was a little nervous because I kind of just invited myself to their get together and they were very gracious and let me join in. I felt this way when I went to my first BookCrossing meeting as well, but I ended up meeting some amazing people who have become great friends over the last 5 years, so I figured I had nothing to lose but a few hours and so much to gain.

There were four of us, Miheartbreaks4u, NowMotivated and Kate1981 (from the WW Canada site). Really nice, funny women. We laughed alot and talked about a million things. I would definitely like to meet up with them again sometime.

I changed my Weigh In day from Sunday to Friday so my weigh in this week was 228.2 which is a total of 21.2 lbs so far. I am really just taking one day at a time and at each meal making the best choices I can and reminding myself that this is forever and forever is a long time so the sooner I make it a habit and not a chore, the easier it will be. I don't deprive myself of anything and just track it all. If I know I ate unhealthy food one day, I try to balance it with a really healthy day the next.

I have no real plans for this weekend - houseclean, laundry, return a mattress to Ikea, read (I haven't picked up a book since last weekend!), get out for a walk, enjoy some fresh air, meal plan for next week....I am sure the hours will fill themselves. Oh..I want to make some more pumpkin muffins from the Oh She Glows website as well as her flax seed power muffins. They look so delicious. At some point I have to work on fixing the boys computer - Windows won't load properly and I think I'm going to have to reformat and reload Windows - oh joy! Well I guess, for having no plans, I do have a pretty busy weekend ahead.

The 15 Week Challenge starts today and I'm very excited about it. I'm looking forward to the first challenge of the week, which I think may be rewriting a recipe to make it more healthy. It will be fun to decide which recipe I want to submit for the challenge, I do this all the time anyway, substituting butter/margarine with yogurt/applesauce and using Splenda for sugar, whole wheat flour for white flour etc. In my mind, healthy is not just lowe calories (or Points in the WW world) but also making it better fuel for our bodies to use and digest. My biggest concern as a diabetic is keeping my body out of insulin surges and the best way to do this is lots of fibre, small balanced meals and staying away from what I call "the whites".


White bread, white pasta, white flour, white sugar, white rice (with the exception of basmati which has a low glycemic load). I find when I do this about 80% of the time, I feel so much better: more energy, more alert and just ... lighter! And the pounds do come off easier as well..and my blood sugar is more balanced.

I guess the housecleaning fairy is not showing up any time soon...so I am off to start that!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment