Apr 28, 2011

Day 118, New Year



I struggled today. This was the last run of Week 2, but I am definitely redoing the week before I go to Week 3. Week 3 has 3 minutes straight of running. Not ready yet, the 90 seconds is a still a challenge, it's not as hard as it was the first time, but its not easy yet.

Funnily enough, even though I felt like I struggled today, I improved my speed for running by almost 2 min per mile over yesterday. My walking pace stayed the same. After the warm up walk, I don't push myself in the walk and try to focus on putting more energy into the running intervals and use the walking intervals for recovery.

When I was running into the wind and it was hard and I wanted to stop, I kept picturing 400 lb people on treadmills on Biggest Loser and told myself that if they could do that, I could certainly run for 90 seconds at my own pace.  And so I did.

It was very windy on our little mountain tonight and normally I pass lots of diehard runners, tonight it was just me out there.

I had a stellar eating day and feel firmly back in control of that now too. I went out for lunch and had a salad with grilled chicken and it was delicious.Restaurant meals are usually triggers for me, not to overeat, but to make unhealthy choices. I'm glad I did well today.

Tomorrow night I am eating dinner out - will make another good choice - and going to see Calendar Girls so it will be a rest day for exercise because I won't be home til really late but I will pick up C25K on Saturday.

Hope your day was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are listening to your body and doing Week 2 over. It was soooo windy here today.

    Congratulations on making a great choice when dining out!

    Have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing so well!!!
    Run, girl, run!

    ReplyDelete