May 15, 2011

Day 135, New Year

Today is day 5 of the Dukan Diet.  You know what...the texture of chicken is really bothering me this week, maybe it's because it's not paired with crunchy vegetables or smooth potatoes or rice? I don't know,  I just had some roasted chicken breast and literally had to gag it down.  The same thing happened on Friday.  Maybe I need a break from chicken?  Although I am holding strong with the Attack Phase,  I will be so glad to see these 7 days over.

I set up my Quantum scale last night and used it this morning for the first time. I think it will be great for when I get to maintenance because then all I will care about it staying within two pounds of my goal weight. But for losing weight, I think I like seeing the number - I will use it for the week and let you know my final thoughts and then do the giveaway - so stay tuned!  The only downside that comes to mind immediately is that only one person can use it at a time because it stores the starting weight and then calculates all the other weights based on that.

Today was another uneventful day - it poured rain.  Memo to Mother Nature: WTF????  So no run. I am going to have suck it up tomorrow if it rains again - I can't keep letting Mother Nature win this game.

No plans for this coming week. Work, home...repeat x 5. I've had a busy social life the last few weeks and I think I will welcome coming home every night and just chilling.

I lost my wedding ring today. It flew off my hand when I brushed my bangs away from my face and it took me a good 5 minutes outside to find where it had rolled to (under a Tim Horton's recycling / garbage bin).  I was in an absolute panic and was overjoyed when I found it. Probably I should stop wearing it - it's clearly too big and I've been separated a year so it doesn't make sense to have it resized and keep wearing it...does it?   I'm still wearing it, I just can't seem to go through the motion of pulling it off my finger and putting it away. I even have another ring to wear in it's place that I bought last summer - it's still sitting in it's little velvet box in my dresser.  Don't get me wrong - I have no illusions, delusions, fantasies or hopes that Den and I will reconcile. I am not sure what the ring is symbolising to me at this point and why I don't want to take it off.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your week. It is supposed to rain all week...you will have to run in the mall! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to stop wearing my wedding rings too! I waited a while until I lost more weight before I got it sized because I had already done it once. I ended up going from an 8 to a 5 1/2! Crazy. I am so glad you found it!!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete