Yesterday was the Around the Bay Roadrace, including a 5k Walk/Run. I did the Run with my friends Guenther from My Fat Fight and Melissa. Guenther finished long before us, around 32 minutes. Melissa and I did 10/1s for the course.
There’s a more detailed post on my Events blog. Here’s a few pictures. The official photos aren’t ready yet, I look totally different minutes after the race! I’m hoping Melissa’s husband has one of us crossing the finish line.
1. The course. Gentle downhill for kilometers 1-2, a fairly challenging but small hill, then a gently uphill for the rest of the way. Definitely the most challenging course I’ve done.
2. My time – 45:06 doing 10/1.
3. A blurry pic of Reid Coolsaet coming in first in the 30k event. Go to his website for a wonderful pic of him finishing and his story of the race.
4. Me and Liam after the race.
5. Me and Guenther after the race.
6. The bling.