Aug 11, 2009

Tuesday..where do the days go?

I've just not been into writing the last few days. It seemed like a huge effort to put words on the screen.

I don't think I've completely snapped out of it, but I wanted to make some sort of attempt tonight.

I just got back from seeing Julie & Julia and I loved it. I read the book last year and instantly fell in love with Julia Child and Julie Powell. The movie was so true to the book, which is pretty rare and I think I loved it just as much as the book. Meryl Streep, as always, was brilliant and this was my first experience with Amy Adams and I really warmed to her.

The movie made me think of my own situation.

I've been obsessing about this weight loss journey alot the last few weeks and I know my pattern with obsessions - eventually I burn out. I have completed 7 months of this journey so far and have lost just over 30lbs, I don't want to burn out, quitting is not an option.

I need to do something about my exercise program (or lack thereof) to make it more serious, more part of my life, rather than something I do when I feel like it. I saw a schedule on another blog (Fat (Free) Me) and I like the idea of having a set schedule to follow and I am good with schedules. I like order and organization. I'd like to put one like this on my blog but haven't figured out how to do it yet. I may just ask this blogger and use her method :)

Another reason for the obsessing is that I am really not into my job right now. I love the company, I love my coworkers - my job itself - is unchallenging and uninteresting to me. I just go through the motions. I do my best, I don't do shoddy work, but my heart isn't in it and it's not hard to do my best at such easy tasks. I miss being a trainer, I miss organizing and writing and creating and teaching and learning something new everyday. I hope one day I will be able to do all that again. So because I can't put any creative energy into my work, it all falls to my home and my personal life. I cook alot :) I create new meal plans and new meals for everyone to try. I experiment with new ingredients, sometimes it doesn't work but that's ok because I have so much fun and learn so much. My boys are more involved in cooking with me and we talk about fresh food and global warming and sustainability and chemicals and food processing and junk food. It's been good for all of us and I don't want to lose that.

I am rambling, yet again :)

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment