Sep 27, 2009

Day 8/40

image

This has been me all weekend.  I had another nap today for about 2 hours. Sometimes on the weekend, I am mentally/emotionally tired and I doze for half or so just to relax and think.  But yesterday and today, I was physically tired and actually slept deeply.  I think, I hope, I was just making up for lost time from the last week when I was up many nights with Liam.  Tomorrow is back to work so there is no room for mid day naps in my schedule!!!

Today I went to Planet Organic in Port Credit. I loved it. I could have bought everything in the store.  I restrained myself though and only picked up a few things that I hadn’t seen in the Health Food/Organic Section at our local Loblaws.

For lunch we had stirfy with the leftover roast beef and it was really good. I used onions, yellow squash, snap peas (don’t you love how they just taste “green”?) and carrots with basmati rice and chopped up the leftover roast beef into cubes.  It was so good. I put some aside for my lunch tomorrow before we started eating else I know one of the boys would have just finished it off.

Dinner – everyone is on their own. I had some almond butter on an Arnold’s sandwich thin and a glass of milk. There’s lots of stuff in the fridge the guys can just heat up or throw together a sandwich with some fruit/veggies if they want.

I drank lots and lots of water today. I feel like I am going to float away :) 

My blood sugar was really, really good today and yesterday. Weekends are usually a bit up and down because I don’t eat as regularly as during the week and I tend to start and end my day later, but I had all under 7.0 for both days, so I’m happy with that.

Breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks are packed for my workday tomorrow and so are my running shoes – so I can go for a walk at lunch – tomorrow is going to be a good day.

I think I need a new scale. Originally, it seemed the battery was low, so I got new batteries yesterday but it is still giving me wierd readings.  As much as I would like to be 197.2, I don’t think it’s happened yet nor did I suddenly gain 50 lbs since last week for it to read 263.4 later in the day.  I’ve had this scale about 10 years so I guess I’ve gotten my money out of it, time to start researching a new one I guess.  I am lost without my morning weigh in and its only been 3 days!!!

40 Day Challenge Stats

5 Keys Where am I?
Track everything 7/8
30 Day Shred 3/8
Limit High Glycemic Foods 5/8
Blog Every Day 8/8
Water, Water, Water 7/8

1 comment: