Feb 13, 2009

Feb 13 - Daily Journal and this week's "new" vegetable.

Wt: 237.6

Points: 33 points

Last two days my points have been higher than usual because I ate out twice. I will need to be really careful this weekend with carbs...I ate alot of bread today!

New vegetable for this week is .....CHICK PEAS! I've only ever eaten them in hummus, store bought hummus at that, so I'm going to have a go at making my own hummus with alot less oil than the commercial brands. Tonight I have chili in the crock pot, but used chick peas instead of kidney beans and added zucchini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, eggplant (last week's vegetable) and onions and I will let it simmer til I go to bed around midnight - it's already been on about 4 hours on low. Then I will put it in freezer containers and I will have it for lunch next week at work some days or a low point snack for nights when I'm hungrier.

There is also a recipe in my GI Diet book for roasted, crunchy chickpeas which I'll try over the weekend. If I like it I'll post the recipe, I remember it being very simple. If you have any recipes with chickpeas you'd like to share, please let me know.

I am also eating out two nights next week, Tuesday is my sister's birthday and we are going to see "We Will Rock You" and will go for dinner at the Keg Mansion before the show, then Tuesday night I am going to a pub with my former manager and one former coworker from my previous job. Pub fare...what can I find on that menu that is point friendly? Any suggestions? Iwas thinking of ordering a grilled chicken sandwich, and just not eating the bread, and having it with a salad. I love soup as well, so I'll see what their soup of the day is. Last Fall I had the most delicious sweet potato and apple soup at this pub. It was the perfect mixture of sweet sweet potatoes and the tartness of the fresh grated apple. Maybe they have a special "Winter" soup too!

Breakfast: 3 points
1 pkg Carnation instant breakfast - NSA
1 cup skim milk

Lunch: 16 points ( my Temp coworkers took me out for lunch because we thought it was my last day there - turns out is isn't...but I got a free lunch:)

roasted vegetable sandwich:
  • 6 oz bread
  • roasted pepper, onions, asparagus and zucchini
  • 3/4 oz cheese
green salad with 2 tbsp of ranch dressing


Dinner: 14 points
4 oz roast turkey breast
4 oz baked new potatoes
1/2 cup squash
1/2 cup gravy
1/4 cup corn niblets
1 cup brussel sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment