Feb 18, 2009

Feb 17 - Daily Journal

Wt: 235

Points: 43

We went to see "We Will Rock You" last night with my sister and her husband. Show was amazing, I had such a great time.

As you will see, we also went out to dinner before the show to the Keg Mansion. The Keg chain of restaurants is a steak house, the "mansion" is in an old turn of the century house in downtown Toronto. The architecture is beautiful and the ambience is calm and old-world. Keg food is not my favourite as I am not a fan of steak. I was leaning towards chicken last night but then decided it kind of missed the point in a steakhouse.

I actually enjoyed the steak very much, it was tender and perfectly cooked to well-done. The Keg doesn't list nutrition information so I had to guesstimate the points for that meal based on generic points and I'm pretty good at estimating serving sizes so I think I'm pretty close, when I wasn't sure, I erred on the high side.

I woke up this morning with a carb hangover though, that I haven't had in months and months. I feel sluggish and lethargic today and I am pretty sure its from the over indulgence of "white" last night - white potatoes, white bread, white crackers.

Today I am taking it easy on myself and eating lots of protein and veggies.

Tonight I am going out to dinner with two former coworkers at a pub and although I don't feel up to it right now, I'd rather go home and crash to be honest - I know once I get there and see them, I will feel better.

Breakfast: 5.5 points
High protein pancakes
100g astro yogurt
1 tbsp walnuts
1 tbsp sugar free "maple" syrup

Lunch: 4 points
Eggplant parmesan
1 cup green grapes

Snack: 1.5 points
100g Kozy Shack NSA Chocolate pudding
1 Cruschelle whole wheat cookie

Dinner: 33 points
6 0z sirloin steak
4 oz baked potato with 1 tbsp sour cream
Spinach salad with walnuts and feta
Goats cheese with melba toast rounds
Fresh baked bread

No comments:

Post a Comment