Oct 23, 2009

Finally Friday

Good Morning,

Yesterday was a strangely calm day.  it was busy and stressful at work...but I didn't freak out (internally) or feel harried or overwhelmed. My lunch plans changed, my dinner plans changed - but I just took it in stride.  Waking up this morning, I realised, yesterday was a completely "normal" day. I haven't had a normal day in so long I think I had forgotten what one felt like.

With two teenage boys in the house and my husband's health challenges, my job hunting and other extended family issues - it has seemed every day for the last little while had some kind of "drama". I don't mean that in a negative way - ups and downs are part of life - but ups and downs sure do take alot of out me over time.

Although its rainy and dark here in downtown Toronto - it is shaping up to be a good day for me. I am only in my office for half the day and then I am going to our Head Office for a two hour training session til 3, then I am heading home. I only live 10 min from Head Office so I will be home super early for a Friday. Nice!

Today's thought:

It is important that you recognize your progress and take pride in your accomplishments. Share your achievements with others. Brag a little. The recognition and support of those around you is nurturing.

Isn't that what we do in Blog Land? Brag a little, cry a little but recognize and support each other ALOT.

I haven't had breakfast yet but I am heading over to Loblaws in a few minutes and I will pick up a yogurt and some fruit. Lunch ...up in the air at the moment. Dinner is homemade burgers on the barbecue with salad.  Normally when I have no meal plan  I am in a panic mode because I am afraid I will eat something "bad for me" out of haste or desperation...but I don't feel that way today.  Loblaws is a huge grocery store - there are lots of healthy options in a grocery store - I just need to go in and pick one. There are more healthy options available to me right now (by going to the grocery store) than there were staring back at me in from my fridge this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment