Jul 21, 2009

Tuesday feels like Friday



Today feels like Friday. Honestly. It is going to be a long, long week.

I woke up this morning with an upset stomach. I hate that feeling where you don't want to be more than 10 steps away from a washroom. Lucky for me, our washrooms at our construction trailer are out of order this week because they are putting in a permanent water line to the site, so going to the washroom means walking 4-5 minutes to Loblaws down the road. Lucky me.

The day passed pretty uneventfully, I had a ton of work and a training session at lunch time. I managed to get through the morning by drinking very little tea and eating nothing. By lunch time, the smell of the pizza was overwhelming me and I had one slice. Then I had another, then another, then another. Yes, that would be 4 slices. The only saving grace was that it was veggie pizza, light cheese on a thin crust, this is my favourite pizza and my coworker ordered it just for me - all the others were heavy on meat and cheese and crust. Strangely enough, the pizza did settle my stomach. I guess the bread soaked up all the acid churning around in there!

Once I started to feel better - I was hungry!

Then I had a rice cake and bag of low fat microwave popcorn. I ended my work day at 20 points of my allotted 27 - practically 100 % of processed carbs.

Coming home I had no idea what I wanted for dinner. The boys are out for the evening so its just me and Den. I stopped at the Loblaws near my home (not the temporary washroom Loblaws near my work) and browsed the aisles. You know that saying "Never go grocery shopping when you're hungry"? I now know why thats a good idea. Everything looked good. I ended up getting strawberries, grapes, low fat Cool Whip, VitaMuffins. Nothing yet for dinner. I kept wandering the frozen food aisles, Chinese, Asian, Italian - finally I lit upon frozen fish fillets.

I have never tried HighLiner, Healthy Bake Multigrain Breaded Fish Fillets. I liked how the picture on the box looked and the nutrition info looked good so I brought them home.

What to go with them? Risi e bisi - a childhood favourite. Basically a rice and pea risotto. I didn't have the patience to make risotto tonight so I just mixed some fresh peas with steamed rice.

And since I had my Italian heritage on the plate, I figured I should give a nod to the other half of my heritage and had a Bick's Pickled Onion. Lovely dinner for 5.5 points.

I couldn't get a good pic of the nutrition info for the fish - but here it is from the back of the box:

2 fillets: (3 WW pts)
160 calories
3.5 g fat
7 g of fibre

This is a salad plate, not a dinner plate!

So all in all today, I've used 26.5 points. I have lots of WP left over for the week so I can have a small snack of fresh strawberries and Cool Whip before bed with my last diabetes pill.

Hell's Kitchen starts tonight..if I can stay up that long. I am just so tired tonight. I seem to have these strings of days - 3 or 4 in a row - where I can't sleep at night and am just dragging all day. And even though I am sooo tired, I still can't sleep until I finally crash.

I do have alot on my mind the last few months and I'm sure that's all it is..but it just saps the energy right out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment