Nov 4, 2009

Making choices.

I have no idea where the time is going. The last 6-8 weeks have just flown by, I seem to have lost all track of time.  Coupled with some life disappointments and family health issues, I seem to be focusing less and less on me as each week goes by.


I have been so busy at work and home and tired! Last night I was in bed by 9 p.m. I didn't even stay up to see Biggest Loser, I will watch it on City TV tonight while I'm on the treadmill.

So through all this busy-ness I've found myself faced with so many choices because I've not been planning anything.  I haven't been planning because I've been so tired and just not organized at all.  

This morning, on my way to work, I made the choice to make better choices today.  I stopped at Loblaws and picked up the new WW Smart Ones Breakfast Quesadilla for breakfast and the Santa Fe Rice for lunch.  I'm not a huge fan of processed foods, but if the choice is between processed food and fast food, then I will choose a portion controlled, easily countable frozen dinner every time. 

The breakfast quesadilla is 4 points for one quesadilla and it is was good, crispy and filling - a little too salty for my taste - but nonetheless a good breakfast. I love the rice entree, and I've had it many times before.  Until I can get my life in order and start planning again, I'm not going to beat myself up for taking short cuts rather than eating crap. I used to post my food journal in my blog every day and then stopped when I joined WW on line, but I think I'm going to start doing that again. It puts it more front and centre and top of mind.


Crystal over at Bye Bye Fat Pants has said she will be walking as well for the Santa Shuffle.  So now that I have a walking buddy, I'm going to sign up today!

The other major thing on my TODO list is to buy a scale!!!  It dawned on me last night that I am going to get a new scale. A different scale. A scale that may not weigh the same as my old one. What if I find I've gained 5lbs? How will I know if its real or a scale differential?  Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I was majorly stressing about it last night.  This morning, in the cold light of reasonableness - I am telling myself I've lost 37lbs so far from my start to my end weight with the old scale. Even if the new scale shows a different starting weight - as of tomorrow morning - nothing is going to take away all the hard work I've done in the last 10 months.  As well, I've not weighed myself in about 5-6 weeks - so it is possible I've gained 2-3 lbs although my waist is an inch smaller.

New scale. New start weight. New start. 199 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment