Nov 21, 2009

X-Weighted + Treadmill + The Biggest Loser + Me

Tonight there is a GTA Blogger Get Together that I was planning to go to.  I changed my mind this afternoon for a variety of reasons. The biggest reason is that I just felt like cocooning, I’ve had a crazy few months and I just feel like I want this weekend to be about NOTHING and about whatever I feel like doing, not what I feel like I NEED to do, you know?

I had a ton of errands to run this morning – so got that over with then came home and started planning dinner – slow simmered beef stew with lots of potatoes, carrots and onions – just like mom used to make – but without all the fat (Sorry Mom!!).

Then I figured I would “cocoon” all night. Cocooning to me, means a favourite movie or DVD and a bowl of ice cream and sitting on the couch with the boys.

I decided to do some exercise while the stew is simmering and I walked on the treadmill while watching X-Weighted.  Did you know you can watch episodes on line – free – at slice.ca?  They even have the most recent family episodes up!  It was great walking on the treadmill and having Paul Plakas to cheer me on (well…a girl can dream, right?)  Then, after that I did the First Day of The Biggest Loser 30-Day Jump Start workout. I know I don’t do enough strength or core training, so this is my attempt to incorporate it more. The exercises are pretty simple and the reps work up over the course of 30 days. 

Phew – time for a quick shower before the stew!

To all my GTA Bloggers – have a great night – I can’t wait to hear all about it and see pics!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think I want to try The Biggest Loser Video Series. Do you have others? What is your recommendation? Favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Cocooning" day sounds busier than my busy days, haha. What is x-weighted? I will have to check it out. I so love having nothing to do on weekends, decompress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cocooning sounds great and I think we need that every so often.
    Thanks for your comments about the yogurt. The 3 days was because I was away. I never thought to use it for tzaziki - awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see everything now! I thought I was going cuckoo when I could only see black space.

    Nice way to spend the evening. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete