Jul 8, 2012

Day 6 - Whole 30

Today got a better start. I woke up feeling energized and strong. I slept all night and didn't have to get up to deal with tummy issues so that's an improvement!

Today's eats:

Breakfast: pork belly rashers; fried eggs; diced tomatoes; cantaloupe

I wasn't thrilled with the pork belly rashers. There's a reason bacon tastes so good - and all that stuff was missing. All I seasoned it with was salt and pepper, it definitely needed more ... something. I might search for some rub recipes that would make it more tasty. Or - just wait the thirty days and buy the natural bacon that has some cane sugar but no nitrates or chemicals.

Snack: 10 almonds and 5 dates

I have had no appetite all day but was craving something cold and crisp. I decided on soda water with lemon to get through that.

Dinner: green salad (romaine, tomatoes, black olives, red onions, green peppers); canned white tuna; cantaloupe

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad today was better!

    I've been drinking a lot of soda water too. With lemon, or lime, or sometimes mixed with cold unsweetened iced tea. (I like the fruity kinds. If you make it strong enough, then add about 50% soda water, it's pretty tasty.)

    ReplyDelete