Jul 10, 2012

Day 7 - Whole 30

I didn't want to get out of bed today. I was so comfortable and for once, not sweltering in this heatwave. There was a gentle breeze coming through my window, the sun just starting to rise over the mountain and I was just so comfortable and at peace.


But...Monday is a bitch...so I had to get up and get ready for work.


Thankfully I slept all night again and I am hoping that this spells the last the of the overnight stomach issues and hopefully the daytime issues will work themselves out sooner rather than later.


I spent some time yesterday re-reading parts of It Starts With Food as well as the forums on Mark's Daily Apple just to get some more info about nuts/seeds/vegetarian options. The whole PUFA thing is a bit confusing to me especially when they start to talk about cooking/heating nut and seed oils/flour/butters and rancidity. Rancid is truly an ugly sounding word isn't it? It's very sound tells you something isn't right!


Anyway, more research needed on that.


Today starts my "eating out fest" so I need to be diligent, focused and smart!


Lunch today was at Baton Rouge. Lunch tomorrow at Milestones and dinner on Friday at Grano (Italian).


Today's eats:


Breakfast - whey protein powder, water, light coconut milk; apple


Lunch - @Baton Rouge - burger with onions, tomato, lettuce (no bun), there was some bbq sauce on the burger that I had asked to be left off so I scraped off as much as possible but I could still "taste" it; green salad. The waiter checked with the chef and the burger had no fillers, just garlic salt and other spices.

Snack - apple and almonds


Dinner - homemade burger with tomatoes, onions, peppers; watermelon salad; iced coffee


I really enjoyed my burger at lunch so I decided to make one when I got home. I sautéed the veggies in coconut oil. It will take a bit of getting used to the taste, but I don't dislike it.


The iced coffee was amazing! Cold coffee, ice cubes and coconut milk blended. As good as an iced capp from Tim's!!!


One week down. 23 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment