Mar 19, 2010

Just the facts

Once again, I'm overwhelmed by your support.  Today was definitely an easier day. I was tired this morning but started the day off well with a fruit/protein smoothie and I realised that the last few days I had not eaten as much whole food as I normally do and I'm sure that the processed food and chemiclas contributed to my crappy mood and overall blech-ness.

I went out for a walk at lunchtime but forgot to have a snack before I left. About 20 minutes in, I literally felt my blood sugar fall to my feet. I felt really ill. I actually had to stop and sit for a few minutes before I could continue. The other mistake I made was not taking any money so I couldn't buy anything. I just walked back slowly and although I didn't make good time, I did manage 2.63 km and ate as soon as I got back. I am not insulin dependent, I take medication, so lows hardly ever happen and I don't normally worry about it. I usually have an apple or banana before heading out, I'm not sure why I forgot today.

I really tried to focus on my walking form today, heel strike, roll through the ball of the foot, keeping my spine elongated and my core engaged, keeping my shoulders over my hips - I have a tendency to hunch forward when I walk fast so it has been an effort to try and break that habit.  I definitely felt the heel pain more today so new shoes are on this weekend's agenda. I tried the Asics with gel and fell in love on the spot. This shoe was so comfortable and I liked that it is a trail shoe so it will be good for hiking.   I did try a few others, but none compared to them. The Easy Spirit shoes with the microbeads were also really comfortable but just looked funny and felt a bit awkward after a few minutes of walking around.

Dinner was more healthy, whole foods - fresh vegetables stirfried over brown rice - it was perfect.

We had a local pizza restaurant, Panago Pizza,  come into our trailer today to drop off free samples of pizza.  They left three decadently delicious pizzas - I had one teeny, tiny slice of the Philly Steak pizza and it was honestly, the best restaurant pizza I've ever had. I moved it out of my line of sight and called everyone on site to come and get it. 

You gotta do what you gotta do!


Friday
Points Eaten 26/26
Activity Points Earned 2
Moving 35 min - 2.63 km

8 comments:

  1. Damn that pizza sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to pick yourself back up Enz! I knew you had it in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the trail Acsis gel shoes too and truly love them. I have had NO foot pain jogging outside in them.

    I'm glad you're feeling better!!! Keep eating those whole foods beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a better day! The pizza sounds yummy; great job eating a reasonable amount of it. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blood sugar drop can be really scary ! I had Gestational Diabetes with my son and I remember having a few of those dips. And the shoes will be a huge plus for your walking. isn't it funny how bad food affects our whole mood ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You handled that pizza moment perfectly! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    I understand about the food, not eating the right stuff makes me feel tired and I have less energy. Healthy eating is so much better for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-you are so motivated and focused-good for you~

    ReplyDelete