Feb 27, 2014

Diabetes Clinic–Visit 4

Just a quick update:

Weight: 210.8 (-1.8 from last visit)

BP: 114/72

The doctor I saw this time was another new one (to me) and I liked her. She explained my some tests I had a few weeks ago and was very encouraging. She said the clinic’s goal is to help patients lose weight and keep it off and she thinks, for me, 1 lb a week is a perfect rate of loss. She said I could lose more, and people do, but the goal is not to lose weight but to keep it off this time, which has always been my struggle. I didn’t ask her name, but I will when I go back in two weeks, I really liked her.

Not much else going on. Still job hunting. Still reading and walking a lot.

The job hunting has picked up, I’ve had a few interviews and am scheduled for second interviews for two positions, both in Hamilton, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that one of them works out. They are both good but there is one I would choose over the other, if I had a choice, but at this point, beggars can’t be choosers!

I’ve won quite a few books in the last few weeks from GoodReads and also through contests by BookCrossing members so I’ve not been short of reading material and I’ve been writing reviews, which gives me something other than cover letters and resume writing to think about.  My book blog is at: BookEnz and Bookshelves at http://www.bookenzandbookshelves.blogspot.com .

The weather is still crazy cold; –21 C again today and tomorrow and going out to the clinic in the cold yesterday triggered a flare up, everything hurt today, but epsom salts work wonders and I am feeling somewhat better tonight.

I won a pair of walking shoes as well, from Vionic. They are very pretty and extremely comfortable. I will write more about them later as well as the walking challenge they are promoting.  It was great to win them as my running shoes are quite worn out and I wasn’t going to be able to replace them until I was employed again.

I won a pair of Zen Walkers.

6 comments:

  1. 1 pound a week will have you down within a year Enz. You go! I love your determination. What kind of work are you looking for exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Enz
    So glad you got to see someone you 'clicked' with - it really helps :-)
    Good luck with the interviews - hope you get the one you'd really like.
    And thanks for reminding me about BookCrossing! About time to release some much-loved friends into the wild for others to enjoy.
    Have a great (and warm!) weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Enz

    Well done 1.8 down from your last visit ... keep it going ...you are doing well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're progressing well

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chick, just popping in to see how you are? I hope you have found a job by now?

    ReplyDelete