My goal for this weekend is to eat the same way I do during the week – not necessarily the same foods, since I have more time on the weekends, but to eat healthy, delicious, good for me physically and emotionally food.
My problem is not that I just don’t care on the weekends, it’s that I don’t plan the way I do for Monday-Friday and I am tired and use that as an excuse to grab something quick. Quick usually means overprocessed and unhealthy.
If my boys are away at the weekend, I tend to graze rather than eat complete meals. That’s not a problem, as long as the grazing is on good stuff and controlled.
This three day weekend I’m turning that around.
Today was a success. I ended up having to put some pecans on my berries and yogurt to make up an extra 2 points to meet my 29 per day, I wouldn’t have bothered, but there was a day this week where I was 7 points short and I don’t want to make a habit of it.
This is a recipe I modified from a Weight Watchers recipe.
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 pound baby spinach, uncooked
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup onion
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Steam or microwave the spinach until wilted. Let cool completely and squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a food processor, combine spinach and all other ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- Let chill for at least 15 minutes.
Makes 8 servings. 1 serving = 1/4 cup of dip = 1 WW Points Plus