Jan 4, 2011

Day 4, New Year

My first weigh-in is tomorrow. I took the batteries out of my scale so I wouldn’t be tempted to sneak peeks (i.e. drive myself crazy) so I truly have no idea what the scale will say. I’ve done well with the new program and I feel like i have more energy. I don’t notice any change in my waistband, but considering most of my clothes are from 15 lbs ago, I’m going to have to lose about 10 before they are “comfortable” again. To be sure, I’ll let you all know.

Today was the first real work day in a few weeks of holiday slowness and I am tired. My day is long. The alarm goes off at 4:30 a.m. and I am out the door by 5:25 a.m. and not home again til just after 6:00 p.m. The commute is stress free, a 20 min drive, hour train ride and then 30 min subway ride.  Since I last blogged regularly, I have yet again changed jobs, but also company this time. The job I have now is blissfully stress free, i.e. read not challenging. But this is the best thing for me right now, I think. It’s interesting but I leave at 3:45 and don’t think about it again until 7:45 a.m. the next day.  The money is better than my old company and there is a better long term future.

I miss my lakeside trailer sometimes, well I miss my view and I miss my walks along the lake all year around. It’s not as nice where I am now and not as easy to walk continuously because of people, cars and many intersections.  There is an indoor concourse that I walk around for about half an hour on my lunch every day, it’s not power walking but it’s moving and I literally run up and down stairs at the train and subway station because my connection times are so tight.  The first week I thought for sure I was going to have a heart attack…but now its easier, still breathless as I reach the last step but I can still talk and my heart rate comes down faster. Good signs, I think. Once the warmer weather comes back, I’ll brave walking along the trails near my home again and I will conquer the Wentworth stairs before the end of this summer.

Me and my blogger girls are rocking the “Track for 31 days challenge”. Today is Day 4 and we are all still in this together and going strong.  I love that I have my own cheering section with them.

2 comments:

  1. A cheering section is great!
    Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty impressive that you're able to exercise on your lunch hour while getting up so early! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete