Pages

Jun 20, 2011

Day 171, New Year

I just decided. I'm going to write another post. Ya know why?

Cause life really does NOT suck right now. The damn scale sucks. I am feeling good most of the time, eating well, exercising when I can fit it in and having fun with friends and family. Work is tolerable, it's SUMMER in the best place in the world to live (no...not Hamilton - I still consider Toronto home) and I am HAPPY. Honestly, I am happier than I have been in such a long time. There are days I forget that. Tonight I'm choosing to remember it.

My summer has gotten off to a rocking start with a 5K walk, drinks and dinner on a lovely downtown patio with a really cute and amusing guy, gorgeous 3" inch heels that I can walk in and not topple over because my stomach is throwing off my balance, cute summer dresses that show off my not - so - fat - anymore legs, a girls' night with some amazing ladies in a backyard patio, my youngest son's middle school grad is in two days and I have to tell you, that boy is so handsome in a suit, friends that call or email me every single day to tell me they love me and believe in me.

And despite the scale not loving me lately - I went shopping with a friend in Buffalo and followed her around Banana Republic and tried on an XL top and it fit comfortably. And when I see pictures of me taken in the last few weeks, I look "normal". Don't get me wrong, at 209 lbs and only 5' tall, I have about 70 lbs to lose and am still morbidly obese but I don't look HUGE standing next to normal size people....just big...does that make sense?

I am going to post pics from my son's grad later this week. I know when I put them next to the pics taken at my sister's wedding just before I started this weight loss journey, I will see the difference and realise that although I've got a long, long way to go, I've also come a long way.

After talking to my friend Tiffany, I also decided to get something special for my 50 lbs lost goal which will be in 9.2 more pounds. I will get there. I would prefer sooner rather than later...but when I do get there - I'm thinking I want something special to wear every day that will be an anchor for me to remind me. I was looking at Swarovski crystal jewellery and although a necklace was my first choice, I really want to save that for when I reach goal. So maybe stud earrings? I can wear them all the time and they are reasonably priced and beautiful and I will see them every time I brush my teeth or put on make up or do my hair and they are easy to touch when I need to "anchor" myself.

I'll revisit this thought in 9.2 lbs. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Sounds like things are going well in your life! Definitely get the studs at 50 pounds lost...you deserve them!

Glam,Glitz&Gut said...

So happy for you Enz. Now, move your ass back to Toronto and I'LL be happy, lol. I say get some fabulous earrings and save the necklace for goal.

Post a Comment