Aug 21, 2011

Day 219 - 232, New Year

Wow..its been a while. I knew I hadn't posted in awhile, but didn't realise how long it had been.

What have I been up to? Just life in general. I'm hanging onto Onederland by the skin of my teeth but I know I am doing all the right things so I'm just keeping the faith that the scale will catch up in it's own time, as it always does!

We have finished Week 5 of Couch to 5K and are starting Week 6 tonight. I can honestly tell you that when I finished running 20 minutes straight for the first time, it was one of the most empowering and self confidence boosting moments of my life. It was pretty awesome.  I don't think I will ever be a speed runner, but the endurance is certainly coming along.

Yesterday I went on a 4km hike to Hilton Falls with my friend Tina and her dog, Sadie and then the same evening did C25K for another 3km. I felt pretty sore this morning, but a hot shower worked out the kinks and I think I am ready to start Week 6 tonight.

Foodwise, I'm still following Weight Watchers Points Plus program.

That's my world folks - hope yours is rocking :)

P.S. for any Blackberry users - do you know of a running app like Nike+ for the blackberry? One that uses the GPS to measure distance/speed etc? All suggestions appreciated.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on running for 20 minutes straight!!!

    You are really rocking the C25K!

    The pics of the waterfall were great! I am going to get there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, running for 20 minutes straight!! That's amazing. Congrats! :)

    You should be really proud that you've stuck with the C25K so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Enz! Excellent running and hiking up there! Wow.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete