Aug 4, 2015

Raining on my parade

I was all set to go for an hour walk at lunch today and it poured! It started right at noon and ended right at 1. I did take out the umbrella and go around the block a few times but with the wind blowing every which way I was getting too wet so had to give up after about 20 minutes.

I have just hit 10,000 steps for the day and I had to fight for each one of them.

The insect bites are being troublesome. Some of them have swollen to marble size and are hot to touch. I'm not taking any more benadryl as it makes me drowsy but I am using an anti-itch gel. I've looked carefully and there's no signs of ticks so I'm not worried about that.

I went and weighed in today and it was a bit underwhelming. 0.8 lbs lost. Yes, a loss is a loss.  I need to cut back more on the processed carbs and I did eat about half my weekly points, which has never worked for me in the past, so I need to cut those back out and stick with my daily points only.

I have lost that carb bloat, my stomach is less puffy and I feel generally less 'yucky' if that makes sense to you.

Tomorrow night I am going to a BBQ at a friend's house but she is a very healthy eater so I know there will be lots of healthy choices - I just have to choose them.



3 comments:

  1. Mother Nature doesn't want us to get fit, but truthfully, she could stand to lose a few pounds herself.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is definitely a loss! Keep up the good work, Enz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! 10000 steps is awesome! And hard work!

    ReplyDelete