Sep 25, 2017

Weigh in Week 53

I've been at this a year. I had no idea where I'd be after a year, or if I'd even still be at it.  So....the fact that I am chugging along despite challenges and set backs and little progress the last few months is pretty significant.

There's no choice but to keep going.

I missed last week's weigh in because of work obligations and I have not been to a meeting in several weeks. That needs to change. I need to get to a meeting once a week - it's one hour of my life so I need to make that work.

I am not feeling out of  control but I am feeling like I have stopped making WW and weight loss a priorty.  It has to be the number 1 priority because it affects so many other things; my mood, my health (which in itself is a long list!), my energy, my sleep, my ability to juggle all the other priorities without going batshit crazy.

I didn't have my book with me this week, so they just updated my file electronically.  Saturday's weight was 191.2.

Looking at this, it feels a bit like the last 6 months have been a complete waste. I'm having internal dialogues that are not kind so I need to step back and step up.



5 comments:

  1. I think you are being a tiny bit hard on yourself, when you have so much going on in your life. But yes, it does need to be a priority again to help you cope with it and I'm sure you will! Good luck getting your mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are being VERY hard on yourself! I'd call the last six months, treading water, which is also known as maintaining!

    Please please please try to give yourself love, and find what is positive about the last six months, along with the past year, because you have done and are doing impressive things!

    It's well known that there's "something special about six months" in weight loss efforts - that's when losses pretty much always cease, and regains begin. (For just one recent write up about this, check out Zoe Harcombe's latest blog post - but you can also look at just about any/every weight loss study and see for yourself this six-month phenomenon.) You've hung in extremely well! Especially through difficult times. Pats on the back and self-hugs highly in order here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah - What they said. You've been going full guns and now generally maintaining since May which is fine. Your body has to get used to being at this new weight. You have to get used to maintaining it. When you are ready - you'll start losing again. Kindness and accountability. Start with meetings or tracking or... whatever was working for you last year at this time and start doing it again. Don't get down on yourself. You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've made such great progress. The second half of the year is always hard. Things get busy and our motivation fails. But the new year is close and something about January always gets us going again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya, girl. But weight loss can't always be the #1 priority. Sometimes other things in life have a way of taking over.

    You'll get back on track very soon:)

    ReplyDelete