Jun 14, 2018

Mid June Check In

I hope your summer is going well. Mine is! One of the best I've had in several years.  I am loving hiking and we have completed about 10% of the Bruce Trail. 

And  - the scale is moving down again after weeks of bouncing up and down 1-2 lbs.  198.9 lbs this morning. Still a ways to go to get back to my low of 183 last summer but all my clothes fit again and some of them are even looser than they were last summer so I am losing inches for sure  especially around my middle and thighs which makes me happy since the middle is where all the insulin is stored and this is a sign that my body is using and not storing insulin the way it was before.

I have no real plans, except hiking, for the rest of June. My son's birthday is July 1st so I am thinking of treating the family to an overnight stay in Niagara Falls but that weekend will be the most expensive and busiest one all summer so I may wait til the the middle of July just to make it more cost-effective for me to get three hotel rooms.  A weekend get away would be nice with the boys and their girlfriends.

In the top picture we had to climb a stile over a fence to get to the trail and in the past, I would have been worried that 1. it would not support my weight and 2. that I would not be able to climb over but both issues were non existent!  

The second photo is at the start of the Bruce Trail at the Niagara end. It was a cold day that day and blustery!  Our weather was so wierd in May. From Winter to Summer and back to Winter in the matter of 10 days.

The third photo is from the top of escarpment in Winona (near Hamilton where I live). There's a huge swathe of space from the trees being cut down for power lines and you can see clear across Hamilton, across Lake Ontario to Toronto. The picture is from my phone, so not great quality, but in the moment, we could see the Toronto downtown skyline and of course the CN Tower.  This was a hard hike and that view made it all worthwhile :)











9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having a good Summer. A weekend getaway with the kids sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend at Niagara Falls sounds great. I've never been there, but the pictures I've seen of it are amazing. You are doing so great! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on your clothes fitting better! I love the fact that you are finding yourself doing things (the fence thingy) that you would have previously balked/been fearful over! Confirmation that all your hard work is paying off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! It's always nice to see that scale move in the right direction. I think Niagara will be a fun weekend getaway. Take pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool! Looks like a perfect summer :) AND you look FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! And my mom has expressed a renewed desire to see Niagara Falls; we may plan for late Aug/early Sept?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a gorgeous time with all the Fall colours just starting. And not too hot!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete