Jun 21, 2009

Father's Day

So today was an extra special Father's Day.

We almost lost my husband Dennis to a brain aneurysm 4 months ago and this would have been a very different day if that had been the case.

He is still recovering and today he wasn't feeling his best so we had a low key day, but we were all together, which is the most important thing, right?

Everyone, except me, slept in until almost noon. Then we went to lunch at one of our favourite weekend restaurants, The Texas Longhorn Cafe. Steak and eggs for breakfast :)

We came home, Den had a nap, the boys played Warhammer and then Iain bbq'ed burgers for dinner. I made chocolate pudding and Dream Whip topping for dessert. Now everyone is chilling in the living room doing their own thing, me on the computer, boys chatting, Den watching Iron Chef.

Life is good today.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that your husband is doing okay, despite not feeling the greatest today. Like you, I'm just happy that my husband is still with us.

    ReplyDelete