Jul 30, 2012

Day 28 - Whole 30


I woke up exhausted this morning and just could not turn it around all day. Mid morning, I had a splitting headache and my blood sugar was low. I haven't had any episodes of low blood sugar since starting Whole30 before today. I drank lots of water and had some plain almonds. That seemed to help with the headache and the blood sugar but not the tiredness. Maybe I just didn't sleep well last night?

Yesterday Liam and I went to Costco and I asked him to get us drinks. He knows I've only been drinking soda water or plain water so I was expecting him to get that. He handed me my drink and I took a sip. It was like eating sugar from a spoon. It was Coke Zero. I'm not counting it as going off plan because I threw the rest out and it was one sip at almost the end of my Whole30. It really did taste like pure sugar, though. It's amazing how fast our taste buds change.

I have quit artificial sweeteners before and don't remember feeling that way when I went back to them the other times. Maybe because I also cut out all other sugar this time around?

Breakfast: whey protein powder, coconut milk (I ran out of light and used regular, it tasted too rich), water

Snack: almonds

Lunch: pulled beef and chicken; coleslaw with oil and lemon juice; apple

Dinner: chicken; green beans

1 comment: