May 5, 2010

Blogging for a Season

I am really feeling like my blogging season has passed. All things are cyclical so I am sure I will come back to it full force one day, but all through April and this first part of May, I just haven't felt like I had anything to share, insightful, interesting, funny or otherwise.

I am continuing my weight loss journey and it takes a huge amount of energy to focus on that every day - to make good choices, to plan, to find time to exercise and then to actually carry out those plans.  Its repetitive to write about the same things every day and I don't find it really helping me.  By the end of the day of DOING all that, the spirit doesn't seem to move me to now rehash it by writing about it...does that make sense?

I do absolutely love reading all your blogs and do so everyday, even though I don't comment as much as  I used to, once again - I don't feel there's anything new to say.

I'm actually feeling pretty good, I went through a bit of a low week in April and definitely this weight loss thing has been a struggle for a very long time - but in general, I'm in a good place.

I'm sure I'll be blogging now and again, maybe 1-2 x a week.

12 comments:

  1. you do what you need to do to continue being the person you want to be Enz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling the same way since around the first part of the year. I have had so much going on in my life I put blogging and commenting on the back burner. I didn't think I had anything new or original to add. I didn't let it interfere with my diet or exercise, I just didn't write about it.

    However, I decided to make it a goal to blog regularly again....even if it's the same old stuff every day. I have found it is a great release for me and my feelings....even if no one else cares to read them.

    I hope to see you back at it again soon! We'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way sometimes...this blog is for you so when you have a voice, use it...if not, don't...I hope we'd all have the same consideration for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we just need to step away for a bit to be able to regroup, refocus and figure out just what the heck it is we want to say. It always does the ole noodle good to take mini breaks or such when that happens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. I'm trying to get back into it now, it's just so hard sometimes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You absolutely need to do whatever you need for you. I write my blog for me and if people want to read it great. I treat it more like a journal I suppose. I always enjoy your posts whether it's new info or not. You have an inspiring and realistic attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really liked your story about meeting the high school friend! It doesn't always have to be about weight loss. If you feel like writing about life, I will read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is YOUR blog. You don't owe us anything. Do what you need to do. Hey, I left you an award on my blog...it will give you something to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel! It gets like that sometimes... you'll be back im sure :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be blog break month or maybe it's something to do with the weather getting nice again. Lots of my blog friends, myself included, have been taking some time off and that's cool. When I first started in January, I posted every night and formally logged every item of food I ate, and I think that was the right thing to do at the time. But now I just post whatever I feel like talking about on the days I feel inclined to do it and I enjoy that more. It never feels like a chore or homework anymore to write my post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty much where you are right now - except for the control. But blogging is pretty far down my list - which makes me sad but someday soon I will be back full time- hope to see you here there and everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't have so much to say everyday either. So I blog every 2 days and if I still have nothing to say the day after that. I don't have time to write a blog everyday as English is not my native language.

    I am glad that you will be blogging once or twice a week so we can read how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete