May 3, 2010

Nothing To Worry About

Thank you for all your kind and supportive comments on my last two posts.

I met my high school friend, Greg,  for coffee yesterday and had a really nice time. He is *very* good looking, one of those men that get better looking with age, but the teenage shyness and geekiness has turned into confidence and charm. He was funny and engaging and we talked for 2 hours about just about everything under the sun.  We also talked about my friend Graham that passed away, Greg knew him as well and it helped to talk to someone else who knew and loved him.


He said I still have the bluest eyes he'd ever seen :) which just about made my day and I did beat him at Star Trek trivia (I guess we are still both geeks at heart!).  I ended the day feeling pretty good about myself.

Also, huge NSV - I wore a summer dress and there was no thigh chafing!  My thighs do touch, but they were not rubbing in that painful, annoying way like they have in previous summers.  It felt great to wear a pretty dress and not have to wear bike shorts or long briefs underneath.

Second NSV, I had only coffee in a bakery full of nothing healthy!

Third victory, but is an SV, I seem to have dropped the temporary weight of my week long carb binge and I am feeling clear headed and alert and content.

Only one downside to today, I've developed a minor medical condition (might be TMI - a blocked lymph node in the groin area) that is going to make exercise impossible for the next 2-3 days but I am going to be extra diligent with eating and hop right on the bandwagon as soon as I can.

So today is a good place to be.

How's your Monday shaping up?

9 comments:

  1. Enz, glad to hear you're feeling better! Way to go on the Star Trek trivia!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nsv! I still have to wear shorts underneath. I don't like the feeling of rubbing thighs. I can't for the day when my thighs barely touch.

    Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Monday sux to death - but -
    Hey - can't let that change anything....
    Still a good place to be in!

    Kinda like not eating whilst in a bakery,
    not every day can be better than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No thigh chafing is BIG!

    Aren't you glad that you met your old friend? It sounds very sweet, and I'm not talking about the bakery items....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great time and were able to wear your dress without any problems...I don't even own a dress or skirt. Too painful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had fun with your friend. Of course he would see the many beautiful things about you. I love how happy you sound in this post. Things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) your friend sounds delightful! Wish their was a pic accompanying this post, the way you descirve him is definitely charming! Glad you had a wonderful time, and hey, always a good time for some Star Trek trivia girl! ;)
    And the dress thing is huge! I still can't do the dress without shorts. My tights are nightmarish that way! And I think partly it's confidence too. I just like knowing the shorts are there in case my dress goes up. As for the TMI problem, been there too, yep it hurts! Hope it gets better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great "date" with your friend. And you made so much good choices this weekend.

    I prefer dresses and skirts over trousers because they make me feel feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Enz, long time no chatty, glad ot hear you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete