May 21, 2010

Weekend Plans?

It's Victoria Day here in Ontario and I know Memorial Day Weekend in the US, right? Plans?

Sadly, I have none. I did have high hopes for plans, but they fell apart. One part of my plan was a nice quiet weekend to myself as all the guys were going to be away for the weekend.....that didn't work out so well.

Life's like that sometimes. My husband is going away to a family get together out of town so it is me, the boys and Iain's girlfriend. I am trying to coax (bribe, threaten, encourage) them to help me start sorting and packing for our move at the end of July.  Not sure how successful I will be, but we gotta make a start somewhere.

So that's my exciting plan, cleaning, packing and laundry and maybe fit in a Pay Per View movie in their somewhere on Saturday or Sunday night with a big bowl of popcorn :)

And I will fit in a walk somewhere....not sure when or where I will walk...but I'll come up with something I'm sure.  And cooking,  I feel like cooking. I haven't cooked a complete meal in a few weeks, I've been eating soup, salads, sandwiches...thrown together hodgepodges....you know? Sometimes the unplanned, unstructured weekends are best.

13 comments:

  1. Actually Memorial day weekend is next weekend. No big plans here- the usual shopping, chopping and errands for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're moving?! How do I not know this?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, then I wish you a happy, unplanned, unstructured weekend!

    My family has a graduation party to attend this weekend, and one next weekend, which is Memorial Day weekend. That's all; nothing exciting here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of cooking a turkey this weekend. I just feel like cooking too! Weird.

    It was interesting to read that parents boys and their girl friends is just as difficult as the girls and the boys that come a calling. Very interesting. I hope my 12 year old boy stays 12 forever!!!

    Enjoy your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like cooking as well, that was a plan I came up with maybe half an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No plans here! It is pouring rain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday we went to Port Dover, today I did some cooking and tonight we are going to see Iron Man 2. Sunday I will relax and then we will had to Dundas for fireworks. Monday will be more relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy BD to the Queen!
    And hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you ended up getting some excitement in and if not at least some good rest~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now you have me thinking about some of our hodpodge planning. It usually ends in walking around at Super Target or Walmart. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enz I'm glad those blue shorts will get more mileage than I put in last summer. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enz, where ya been? Hope everything's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enz, I am missing you!!!! Are you alive????? Where are you? How are those handsome boys? What d'ya think of this weather? I hope you're on track and working at it. Come back to us.

    ReplyDelete