Dec 30, 2009

Breakfast Cookie Verdict


Thumbs up!

It was delicious, it was a little sticky, but I could break pieces off and eat it like a giant oatmeal cookie.  The combination of chocolate, coconut and almond butter was perfect. I am definitely going to make a week's worth and use them as a grab and go breakfast for myself and my teenage son who won't eat breakfast. I guarantee he will eat this!

Here's the promised picture on a side plate (not a dinner plate).  I put it in a plastic container overnight so I could cover it so it came out a nice shape moulded to the container. At first I thought it was going to stick and I wouldn't be able to get it out in one piece, but I just ran a knife under it and it eased out easily.  I may just put a piece of parchment paper under it next time though to avoid that.

The true test will be if it holds my appetite until lunch time - this combination was almost 400 calories so its definitely a "breakfast and snack" meal. I'll let you know.

Day 20 of Beck will be posted later today. I've misplaced my book and am at a bit of a loss, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one today. I see lots of bloggers now getting on the Beck train so I'm thrilled to have more people's views on it as I go through the book.


1 comment:

  1. I have to get that Beck book-so many ppl reading it is making me curious.

    ReplyDelete