Jul 26, 2009

Weekend Recap


It's Sunday night already?

How do weekends go by so fast?

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day, household chores, groceries, laundry....and I had my first attempt at making "Larabars". They came out quite nice, although my food processor's motor died part way through so I only ended up making 4 bars. They are delicious though. Still really high in points so I need to work on combinations that are a little more reasonable. Will keep you posted.

Today I met Tina (Nowmotivated fr0m the Weight Watchers Canada site) and we went to Mount Nemo Conservation Area to hike. The trail was incredible, lots of ups and downs and at one point, a bit of rock climbing. I used lots of muscles I had forgotten I had. Throughout our hike we could hear the thunder getting closer and decided to turn back at the half way mark to avoid being caught in the bush in the rain.

As we were on way out of the bush, the rain just fell in torrents. We had about 10 minutes of wading through monsoon like rain and inches deep water on the trail. At one point there was a particularly loud clap of thunder with a bright flash of lightening that made us both jump and yell. I think we scared the dog the most! By the time we got to the car, our clothes were so wet that they were dragging us down and our shoes had water sloshing out of them.

Thankfully we both laughed about it and it did give me something to blog about tonight! The scenic trail was beautiful and at one point it felt like I could see all of Burlington from how high up we are. Next time I will take my camera.

Another work week ahead. My manager is on vacation this week so it should be a quiet, hassle free week :) I'm looking forward to it. I have to get my blood work done one morning, but other than that - no major plans. I made my lunch for tomorrow already - I'm so proud of myself :)
Roasted zucchini, tomatoes, onions and garlic tossed with olive oil and herbs. I will heat it tomorrow (or maybe eat it cold) and toss in some feta. MMM delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like quite the hike. At least you guys were able to laugh about it. :)

    ReplyDelete