Jan 2, 2010

Saturday Nothing-ness

I've been off work for over a week and go back on Monday. Before the break it seemed like an endless block of time. How did it go by so fast?  I am grateful to have had the time, I needed the mental and physical break from work.

I woke up this morning wanting pancakes for breakfast. The problem I have with pancakes is that they are filling when I eat them but because they are so carby, I'm hungry in about an hour and they tend to elevate my blood sugar more than I like.

I have a whole grains pancake mix (Hungry Jack's) that is only 150 calories for 1/3 cup and low fat so instead of using milk to make them like I normally do, I used 2 egg whites and 1/4 cup of water. This made the batter very runny, but the pancakes came out light and fluffy and airy and added 10 grams of protein to the carbi-ness so I'm hoping they stay with me longer. 

This afternoon we are heading to Niagara On The Lake to a friend's house for dinner and then tomorrow I am meeting my friend and Beck Diet Coach, Shelley for a few hours.  Although I slept alot last night, I am so tired today, I would love to curl up and go back to sleep...but I need to get those boys up and moving ;)

Going to hit the treadmill now before I talk myself out of it and then the day is off and running.

Have a great Saturday y'all!

P.S. Happy Birthday Tiffany.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great day-It really is amazing how time off can pass by so fast-it sucks really-haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you did with the place, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this recipe from Lori over at http://findingradiance.com/for protein pancakes. In her pics they always look delectable. Have a fun day!

    Ingredients:
    1/3 cup of cottage cheese (1%)
    1/3 cup of rolled oats
    1/3 cup of egg substitute, or 1 egg + one white
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    dash of vanilla
    dash of cinnamon

    I do not use sweeteners, but most people probably would want to add some Splenda or something to this.

    Blend in a blender until smooth and cook like regular pancakes. You must blend this, otherwise the oats will be too chunky. The batter should be nice and smooth. Makes 3 big pancakes!

    ReplyDelete