Feb 1, 2010

Back to the grind.

So it's Monday.

My weekend was wonderfully relaxing. I napped several times and woke up feeling refreshed and energized. I cooked two main meals and left the boys to fend for themselves for the others. I love cooking so that was fun. I watched alot of TV and read alot in between naps.

Back to work today, I didn't sleep too well last night, I think partially from all the sleep I got over the weekend and partially I was afraid I'd oversleep as I didn't set an alarm all weekend, but I am feeling pretty good today.

Still really tired, but my body does not hurt as much as it did and it's not painful to move around or get up and down all day. I walked over to Loblaws at lunch time and just caught the tail end of the Walk Signal so I ran across the street and didn't feel like I was going to collapse - last week the walk to and from was too much for me and I was exhausted when I got back. Today I am more back to normal. Don't misunderstand - this is a 4-5 minute walk each way - so to be exhausted after that was a huge indicator to me that something was seriously wrong with me.

I am still reading Beck, although I am not finding her as engaging as I did in the first chapters. I will finish the book though and continue to post the chapters.  Chapter 32 is up next (probably tonight).

I am going to try and do a 15 minute walk on the treadmill tonight at a low speed (2.0-2.5 mph) and see how it goes since I was ok with my short walk to Loblaws.  I don't want to completely stop moving...it's so hard to get back in the habit, I just have to be careful I don't overdo it for the next week or two.  I'll see how I do with 15 minutes, it will probably feel good just to stretch my legs.

I'm trying to do some research into which foods give the biggest iron bang so I can stop taking supplements once I get my iron levels back up. It's so confusing, iron isn't absorbed from some foods or in combination with other foods or vitamins...it's so complex!! Do any of you know a good source for this type of information or know anything about this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all your kind words over the weekend.  I've been following your blogs and enjoy your triumphs :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember a friend of mine whose daughter has Mediterranean anemia and needed extra iron told me that surprisingly, Cream of Wheat cereal has a good dose of iron in it! She also said that it was recommended to her to cook foods in a cast iron pan(it must leech the iron into your food, too)!

    Glad you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete