The exercise for Day 36 is to create a response card to list all the new things you 've learned or changed about yourself and your habits, that are making you successful.
So my response card says:
- I know that eating sitting down and mindfully eating help me to keep track of what I'm putting into my body.
- I know that when I plan for meals away from home, I am more successful and less likely to overeat.
- I know that reading my reasons for wanting to lose weight every morning, keeps them top of mind and helps me stay focused on my goals.
- I know I won't always be perfect, but I know how to pick myself up and start again at the very next meal.
- I have strategies for dealing with people who push food on me and have learned to say "No thank you" to food I don't need or want.
- I have learned that unplanned eating doesn't have to derail me for days or weeks and I've learned how to put it into perspective.
- I've learned how the scale is not the only true measure of success; and I actually believe it now.
- I am still learning how to manage emotional eating, but I have been practising the new strategies I learned.
- I am still getting into the habit of giving myself credit every day, but I am doing it more days than not and I keep working towards doing it EVERY day.
- I've learned that I control my reactions to food around me and I can control my environment to some extent, but at the end of the day, controlling me is the better solution.