Feb 11, 2010

Let me off!


I have spent the last two days being poked, prodded, examined and questioned - for various reasons. Today I feel like I want to hide from the world and not talk to anyone.

Work makes that not possible, but I am going to go home, have a long hot bath and pick up a favourite novel and zone out for the night.

I just get like this sometimes, where I feel like the world is pulling me in so many directions and I don't want to go in any of them - I just want to hop off and let it keep spinning without me for a bit, you know? Not so much hiding, more like not participating.

I have been reading your blogs and am so excited by the general mood of accomplishment and success.  I am working on figuring out my next steps in terms of my weight loss efforts - I need to make some changes to what I'm doing; to get back on the road to losing again and to make sure I stay healthy. This may take me a few days to sort out. In the meantime, I keep doing what I've been doing, counting calories, exercising a little each day and trying to stay focused.

11 comments:

  1. Sorry you feel badly. Hopefully you can prop your feet up and relax away from it all sometime very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are still counting calories, exercising a little each day and trying to stay focused, to me that sounds like a great plan already. However, change can sometimes be reinvigorating. Either way, we'll be here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take some time to relax and enjoy it! I hope you feel better soon! Kyle is right, we'll be here for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the bath!!! That's my favourite get away. Thank God the sun is shining in Southern Ontario too - I hope you got some is Mississauga. Adorable pictures yesterday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better already.

    I'm like you and sometimes just don't want to participate in the world just have some time to myself with a book or a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya, girl. I get that feeling sometimes too - I just get so overwhelmed, I want to hide in the closet for a few days!
    I hope the feeling passes for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am exactly the same way Enz and actually feeling like that right now too.

    Relax and do things for you. Take care.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A couple days of extensive medical testing can definitely make those kinds of feeling set in real good. Tommorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all need a break from the world sometimes. Take it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny I have a lot of cookbooks too, kind of an addiction and they have to have pictures in them otherwise I don't buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ive been away from Blogland the last couple of days, and Im sorry to hear you havent felt well! As for what you have been doing pertaining to your weight loss........I think you are doing great! I have seen/read you grow since starting the Beck program.........keep up the great work! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete