Feb 4, 2010

Dreams

Last night I didn't sleep well, but I had the most vivid dream of being pregnant. Everyone in my life was thrilled - my 13 year old son was over the moon with joy.  I remember distinctly in my dream saying over and over, "I'm 42, I'll be 60 when this child graduates high school!!!"  Then in the same dream, we were in a restaurant and everything on the menu was "baby", baby shrimp, baby avocado, baby spinach, baby ice cream cups, baby cup cakes.  It was so odd.

I am not sure what it means but according to this link, it means I am growing - I am hoping that means spiritually, emotionally and not physically!! 


http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/p3.htm

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it.  This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

 

8 comments:

  1. Yay for growth! Let's hope that is what it means and not the literal meaning. I had a dream the other night in which I clearly saw the word PREGNANT on one of those digital pregnancy tests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately true that dreams mean something other than the obvious ! For the most accurate interpretation , look at the dream, what things stood out in it and just what do they mean to you. Baby an mean growth, new start, beginning, renewal, commitment, terror- any number of things to any number of people. It can also mean your subconscious is telling you it's time to renew your efforts on some front or try something new in some area.

    I once dreamed that I was pregnant with myself and gave birth to myself while floating on a shoe under the Mackinac bridge while the Pope floated past in a shoebox, singing about having Beans in your ears. My dreams are always very full of symbols and completely entertaining . Wonder if this means I need to get out more or something !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm 42 also, with a 13 year old who would be LESS THAN THRILLED to have another sibling! The 7 yr. old is enough for her! I couldn't imagine being pregnant now, either! Some of my friends are still having babies; I get my dose and hand them right back :) I'm finally getting sleep after all these years!

    I like how your dream was interpreted. Sounds like great things are happening within... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're growing, absolutely and not physically!

    Isn't it funny what we dream, most of the times I can't remember it in the morning but the ones I do remember are strange ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well those sound like good things. Thanks for the link to the website -- I always wonder what my dreams mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm jealous! I never dream anything as exciting as you. I hardly ever remember my dreams. Although I'm afraid if I had a dream about being pregnant I would classify that as a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool!!!

    I'd love it if I, almost 42 as well, woke up and found out I was pregnant. If I thought about it beforehand, of course, I wouldn't want to be, but if I just was....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so funny when you go to interpret a dream and it's so obvious what it's about! It's like my anxiety dreams, they are SO obviously anxiety dreams. Not while I'm in them, but when I wake up it's like 'duh'.

    ReplyDelete