Aug 17, 2012

Productive Friday

I took a vacation day today so I could focus on job hunting. I ended up applying for 18 jobs througout the day. I met my friend Angela and her daughters for lunch and then came home and cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, including steaming the floor and inside the lower kitchen cabinets.

Then I caught up on True Blood. I am loving, loving this season. I'm dying to find out if Bill is really a Lilith-lover or if  he's got some scheme up his sleeve. AND....it seems odd that neither Eric nor Bill can "sense" Sookie's danger anymore this season...or its a convenient plot device.

Then I went for a 6k run with my friend Guenther. I knew I wouldn't go out on my own (despite me telling myself I would!) so I went with him on his 'hill run'. A 3k loop around our neighbourhood then down the Jolley Cut to St. Josephs Drive then back up the Jolley Cut to his house. It was a good work out for me and the best I've felt running in the last month or so. It was hard, especially coming back up the cut but it was doable. I ran the first 3k without stopping which is also something I haven't done lately and then took two walking breaks coming up the cut and about a two minute walking break at the top of the hill to get my breath back.

Tomorrow I would like to conquer the Wentworth stairs again. 

I've noticed that I've been having GERD attacks again more frequently and the only thing I can attribute it to is dairy, so tomorrow I am back off dairy again (except for cream in my one coffee a day) to see if that's the culprit.


1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine walking up the Jolley Cut! I have said it before and I will say it again...you are a machine!!!

    If you like sauerkraut, I find it really helps with GERD. You have to eat it cold though...right out of the jar. Kimberley

    ReplyDelete