Dec 14, 2009

Day 14 - The Beck Diet Solution


Edited: I forgot again to give myself credit for what I did today!! This is the hardest habit, yet, to form.

1. Realised I was making poor choices because my blood sugar was low and turned it around by eating a healthy lunch.
2. Drank lots of water.
3. Fit in both planned and spontaneous exercise.

Day 14 talks about planning and writing down your food plan.

As part of WW, I've been doing this all along. What I normally do is plan my meals for Monday-Friday and put the information into the WW online tracker and my daily journal.  If I eat something extra, or don't eat something on my plan, I make adjustments to the online tracker and mark up my journal. It only takes a few minutes each evening or first thing in the morning and makes eating all day easier.  Sometimes I leave lunch or dinner intentionally blank if I don't know what I'm having, but having the rest of the day filled in, lets me know how many points I have for that meal, so it narrows down my choices and makes it easier to choose something.

Saturday and Sunday, I normally fly a little more casually and I track as I go through the day. Usually the dinners are planned but not breakfast/lunch or snacks. This still works well.

I'm not perfect. Sometimes I don't journal or track for a few days but I know when I don't, I have no idea what or how much I'm eating. I tell myself I am keeping track in my head and I am, till about lunchtime then I forget, or lose track, or overeat and don't want to face it.

Tracking every day is a huge part of why I've been successful so far. I know some people don't believe in it, and some people think it's a waste of time and some people think it's not "real life". Truthfully, I don't care what other people think - it works for me and this is my journey, not someone else's.

So in keeping with the "doing" part of The Beck Diet Solution, I'll post my food plan each day with the Beck posts and then the next day post the "revised" one, if relevant.  It will also keep me focused on doing it every day without fail - at least from now until the end of the book!

The easiest way for me to do this is just cut and paste from the Weight Watchers online tracker.  Based on this I have 6 points left for the day, but I haven't entered an evening snack or cream/milk for my coffee/tea. I'll enter that as the day goes by and that normally takes up the remaining points.

POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Morning
2/3 serving(s) 1% Milk
1.5
1  packet(s) Instant oatmeal weight control - cinnamon toast
3
Subtotal
4.5
Midday
1  serving(s) Arnolds Select Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
1
1  small apple(s)
1
1  oz Light Cheddar Cheese - 75% Reduced Fat
1
9  nut(s) almonds
1.5
Subtotal
4.5
Evening
1  cup(s) cooked green beans
0
1  fillet(s) cooked haddock fillet(s)
4
1/2 cup(s) cooked white rice
2
Subtotal
6
Anytime
1  container Oikos Vanilla
2
Mary's Crackers (13) - Quick-added food
3
2 tbsp salsa - Quick-added food
0
Subtotal
5
Food POINTS values total used
20
Food POINTS values remaining
6
Exercise
No entries for exercise.

Activity POINTS values earned
0
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
     
Milk & Milk Products
  
Fruit & Vegetables
    
Multivitamin/Mineral

Healthy Oil
 
Lean Protein
 
Whole Grains



1 comment: