Dec 16, 2009

Don't do as I do!

Today is the perfect example how NOT to follow Weight Watchers. Stay within points but eat crappy all day.  That is one of the downfalls of Weight Watchers, it's very easy to stay within the points but not eat well.  On the good side, I did meet the dairy requirements!  Nowhere close on the vegetables or lean protein though.  I don't consider today a success because I didn't meet the Good Health Guidelines.

I was unorganized today and it showed.

By the time I met my friends for dinner, I wasn't hungry at all and nothing at the coffee shop appealed to me. I love lattes anytime and its an easy way to get in milk so I had that and then shared a biscotti with my friend.  By 8:30 we were getting ready to leave and I realised I hadn't eaten and still wasn't hungry so I just came home. I'm still not hungry and I checked my blood sugar and it's fine so I'm not going to sweat it and just go to bed. I need to be up and at work early tomorrow morning to set up for a meeting.

I owe you a Beck update - I have read the next day but am too tired for a long post, so will do my  best to catch you all up tomorrow - it's an interesting chapter!

Giving myself credit for:

  1. Reading all my response cards.
  2. Recognizing that although I stayed within my WW points, I should have eaten better.
  3. Walking at lunch time.
I appreciated all the responses to my earlier comment about the scale. It's interesting how the opinions go from one extreme to the other. Seriously, I weigh most days and it's not an issue - I know my body goes up down up down and I only "count" my weigh in day - I saw 209 last Monday but I wasn't all excited because I knew it was just one day and until I've seen that number for 3-4 days, it's not "real", you know?   But I know it'll come back around :)

2 comments:

  1. I so know where you are coming from. I followed Weight Watchers ages in the past and would eat crap and it really showed. I wasn't truly taking in all the advice they offer with the veggies, oil, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that recognizing when we have made poor choices and changing them the next day is most important. You inspired me to link to this post and share my similar experience yesterday.
    Thanks for being a great inspiration -- even on the off days - we need each other.

    ReplyDelete