Dec 26, 2009

Merry Day After Christmas

Good Morning everyone!!

My house is still sleeping, I'm the only one up and after the hustle and bustle of yesterday, I am enjoying the peace and quiet!

We had a wonderful, family Christmas. I spoke to my two nieces in England on the phone (and my parents and brothers). My sister and husband and my MIL were here all day for dinner, food and lots of fun.  The boys were thrilled with their iPods.  The turkey was delicious and so was the rest of the food.

For the first time EVER, I did not overeat on Christmas Day. I had one plate of dinner - a bite or two of everything - even only had 2 of my beloved roasters (roast potatoes cooked in the turkey drippings) and a few Christmas cookies, 2 pieces of Pot of Gold and one jam tart later in the day.  We wrapped up and divided the leftovers amongst our three families.

I woke up this morning with the scale showing a .6 gain over yesterday morning. Seriously? That's all?  I'm so thrilled. I know that gain is mostly sodium and I'm not sweating it...well actually, I will be sweating it off later on the treadmill!  I have no plans for today except to hit the treadmill and put my house back together.  We are just staying in and relaxing. We have another Christmas dinner to go to tomorrow, but I am not the least bit worried now that I know I can conquer the meal and not the other way around!

And I will track that dinner so it fits into my points for the day/week as well. Yesterday was the only day I allowed myself to not track and just enjoy, now its right back to "normal".

I have to admit, that The Beck Diet Solution was a huge help to me this Christmas.  I read my cards in the morning, reinforcing why I want to lose weight and reminded myself that this is one day out of the rest of my life. Turkey, stuffing and roasters are not going to disappear, I can eat them any time I choose to cook them in moderate portions.  I reminded myself not to taste while cooking, which miraculously, I didn't do at all (and I am so thankful everything came out perfectly!) and I only ate the meal on my plate, I didn't nibble at leftovers as I put them away. I ate slowly, putting my fork down every now and again. The only thing I would say I fell down on was drinking water and I am feeling dehydrated this morning so lots of water on the menu for today and the coming days.

Regularly scheduled Beck updates will resume now that Christmas is over, with Day 19 to be posted tonight.

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit ! We need to celebrate the holidays and special occasions with care, and then simply get back on the horse so to speak. It is real life .

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds familiar, very happy to hear you did so well and enjoyed your family Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete