Dec 1, 2009

Shuffalo to Buffalo

I ended up going to Buffalo today with my friend Shelley. We always have a lot of fun and laugh alot and have great conversations when we are together and the approximately 90 min drive each way is perfect for that.

I didn't go as early as I had planned but there was no traffic and no lines at the border either way, so all's good.

Dawne, I waved both ways through Niagara, did you see me?

I did some shopping and ended up getting some small Christmas gifts for Den, Iain and Liam and all my groceries.  I also got a denim skirt and a gorgeous red sweater on sale at Avenue and Dress Barn respectively.  There were still lots of sales and deals going on, despite Black Friday being last week and I didn't have to fight the crowds and craziness.

I didn't get the scale I wanted - Target had sold out! I don't think I am meant to have this scale. However, I did try to put batteries in mine again this morning and it seems to be working - maybe it just needed a rest after me weighing in every day for so long. It read 212...which is right where I thought I would be. I'll start my daily weighing again and see where I am headed.

Oh - I almost forgot. While at Barnes and Noble I was looking for The Beck Diet Solution because many women on the Weight Watchers Forum have recommended it and I know a few bloggers are reading it. I couldn't find it so I asked the Customer Service person if he could tell me where it was. He looked it up in his computer and then said that he thought he had seen a hard cover copy on the Bargain Shelves, would I like that one?  He went off to find it and about 5 minutes later came back with it in hand - $5.98. Truly, the universe was smiling on me today!  I'm going to start reading it tomorrow and will post some thoughts on it in a day or two.

5 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a great day of shopping and that the scale was kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Target and Avenue, two of my favs! I got on account for both, not so good LOL
    You can absolutely never enter either without walking out with something!
    I recently bought a denim skirt and red and black sweater on sale....mmmm you now got me wondering if we got anything the same LOL
    Sounds for sure like you have a nice relaxing girlie day, I need on of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great trip. I love Dr. Beck. She is so no nonsense. No airy fairy diet-is-a-dirty-word stuff in that book. Just good practical ideas for changing the way you think about food. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the matter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow sounds like a great day - I need you to wave to my friend Char who lives in Buffalo next time you go. I must check out the book - what a great bargain for a hard cover!!!

    ReplyDelete