Dec 14, 2009

Rushing around

I went to bed really early last night and slept right through til 8:30 this morning.  Sounds good?

Not so much. I had to have Iain at the dentist by 9:00 to have his wisdom teeth removed.  I threw on some sweats, splashed water on my face, ran my fingers through my hair (didn't even brush my teeth!), coaxed him out of bed, coaxed his brother out of bed and out the door to get to school on time, and rushed to the dentist's office.

The extractions were really quick and he was feeling ok when he woke up. I brought him home and left him with Den to go and get him some "soft" foods. When I came back, the freezing had wore off and the Tylenol 3 didn't seem to be helping. He was in major pain.  I gave him some ice packs and he said that didn't help so I gave him another T3 about half an hour early and it seems to have taken the edge off for now. I know from past experience he has a really low pain threshhold and this is first time EVER having any kind of major pain so it's a bit of a shock for him.

I am sure the next few days are going to be rough for all of us!

As I was waiting for Iain to come out of the surgery, my blood sugar dropped. I felt so ill, I honestly thought I was going to pass out. At first, I couldn't figure out what was wrong and then I remembered that in my rush to leave the house I did not eat anything and it was well over 15 hours since I'd last eaten.  I bought a bottle of apple juice at the pharmacy and that helped almost immediately.  So today has not been a good eating day so far - apple juice, an order of fries and half a cookie.  I am working on making lunch right now so I am turning it around with this meal!

1 comment:

  1. Hope your son recuperates quickly. Love the way you made lunch and turned your eating right around. Great job!

    ReplyDelete