Dec 11, 2009

Christmas is coming!



 This is my favourite Christmas decoration :)







Wasn't it just Friday?

 I am loving Fridays lately.

Today is a short day at work as our corporate Christmas party is tonight so everyone is allowed to leave at noon to go home and get pretty for the party. I'm not going to the party, but I am going to spend the afternoon running errands: returns/exchanges, groceries, picking up prescriptions. Then go home and make a nice dinner for us and then start wrapping presents and maybe get the tree up tonight or tomorrow.

Looking over my WW food journals this week, I can see I've not been eating enough vegetables or protein. Lots of carbs. Lots of "white" and I am feeling lethargic and "heavy".  So I need to make sure I turn that around today and eat lots of veggies and protein. I've done amazing with caffeine though, I'm down to 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day and only 1 can of Diet Pepsi. This is a huge improvement from just a few weeks ago.  I did it gradually so caffeine withdrawal wasn't a problem.

Off to read blogs...and oh..do some work :)

7 comments:

  1. good for you for having some time to do stuff! Why aren't you going to the party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Syl!

    I just don't "do" parties...I don't drink or dance and I find they are too crowded and noisy. I get really anxious in crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a simple solution to your problem: just carve all those carb-heavy foods into shapes that resemble vegetables. It's works... I promise.


    *Please be advised the Jack Sh*t is celebrating Opposite Day today. The viewpoints expressed in this comment do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the comment writer. For more information, please go to Jack Sh*t, Gettin’ Fit at http://jackfit.blogspot.com/2009/12/opposite-day.html.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I here ya on the veg. I can grab carbs without even thinking but putting vegetables into me takes thought every time! At least we're conscious of these shortcomings, that's got to be progress, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on eliminating caffeine. I only drink decaff most of time now as caffeine bothers my heart.

    Hope you are having an enjoyable evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your decoration-I can't wait to have a family and get one made :)

    ReplyDelete