Dec 20, 2009

Updates of all kinds.

The last  few days have been all kinds of rough. I'm tired. I'm not sleeping properly, I'm not eating properly (undereating again - no appetite!) and I'm feeling the stress of the season and issues with my husband's health and fighting a cold.

Ok, so here I sit on Sunday night, my head stuffed up, throat sore and just not hungry. I ate half a bagel this morning and had to force that down. 

I need to get my blood work done again, last time I felt this way we had to lower my synthroid medication but I had lost about 15 lbs since the time before. This time, I've only lost about 10 lbs but I feel the same way. That may not be the issue, but it can't hurt to get it checked out.  I feel so tired, both sleepy tired and no energy, flat tired, you know?

I feel like I could just sleep around the clock, that is, IF I COULD sleep!

Day 17 of Beck was very interesting and has a neat exercise for the reader to try - but I'm going to keep you in suspense a little longer and won't post my notes on it until tomorrow, I'll work on it during lunch so it should be up by late afternoon.  I'm packing my breakfast/lunch for tomorrow so I'll have it with me and I'm making it light - soup, fruit and a soy milk smoothie - so I won't be tempted to not eat it because it's too heavy.

I still have so much to do for Christmas. None of the presents are wrapped. I still have stocking stuff to buy and all the groceries and the turkey!  We only have a regular size fridge/freezer so I can't buy the turkey and groceries too far ahead of time, the fridge is pretty full usually for a family of four.  We didn't put up a tree this year - no one seemed really interested and part of me felt like I should be the rallying cheer and pull us together and put it up and the other half thought F*ck It, you know?  I did put our stockings up and our family ornament so we are not completely unfestive. Truth be told, this house is so tiny,that putting up the tree requires rearranging all the living room furniture and it's a ton of work. I don't think any of us felt like doing the work - so I'm going to chalk it up to laziness more than a lack of Christmas spirit!

Now, I'm off to read the next day of Beck - I need to post 3 days worth reviews for you guys, but I promise to get back to at least one post a day as of tomorrow - and then to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Feeling tired and dragged out sucks!

    Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are so tired-hope it turns around really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enz - one of my other blog friends posted that soy and thyroid meds don't mix. Amazing how many of us are on thyroid meds and now I keep finding out all the "good" things that I need to avoid. Soy and green tea are the two worst for making our meds not work so well. I can find the link if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete