Sep 18, 2009

The Biggest Loser - I'm in!

I managed to find the first episode online on City TV - a local Toronto television station. I had no idea they had online episodes!! I knew NBC.com did but we don't have access because we're in Canada.

Anyway, this is my first EVER episode of The Biggest Loser.

I can't say Jillian surprised me as I've heard her yell and push on "The 30 Day Shred". I liked Bob :)

My favourite contestant is Amanda, I think because her starting weight was the same as mine and I think she is the smallest one there. From my journey so far, I know that the more weight you need to lose, the more you lose in the beginning. Even though they are using percentages, it is still very discouraging to see someone lose 19 lbs in one week and then have yourself work just as hard and only lose 6 lbs. I am so glad she didn't go home.

When Jillian was yelling at Shay about stories in her head, I could totally relate. We do create stories in our heads, stories about our limitations, stories about what we are, stories about what define us, stories about what we want to be and why can't be.

I am a huge believer in positive thinking, in believing that your reality starts in your head and your reality is what you believe it to be. Inside my head, I am slim and healthy and athletic - and I know what I need to do to make that mental picture a reality and you know what? I *am* doing it. Every day, every hour, every minute.

I am on my way.

1 comment:

  1. Jealous that everyone else gets to see BL, I wish it were on over here in the UK too!

    I love your last paragraph, go you!

    ReplyDelete