Sep 21, 2009

Day 1 & 2/40 - Sick Sick and more Sick

The day did not get better yesterday. I slept off and on all day and through the night.  At one point I had fever and chills and couldn't keep down water.

I didn't sleep well overnight either. I had strange, disjointed dreams as well. In one dream, my 12 year old was driving in a car in front of me (he was actually driving the car) and he drove the car off the road in a remote area north of Toronto.  We couldn't find the car or him and there were search parties and helicopters. It was like he vanished off the face of the Earth. I woke up in a cold sweat and so upset that I actually went to his room to see if he was ok. Thankfully, he was :)

Still not feeling well today and work was such a challenge. It is our busiest week of the month and I just had no energy and at one point, felt like I should just take my laptop out to the washroom trailer and set up office from a stall.

I've eaten barely enough to keep my blood sugar level today. Drank lots and lots of water and herbal tea...but really I just want another cup of tea, a hot shower and bed.

So needless to say, I did not do the Shred  yesterday and I'm not seeing it happen tonight either. I will start though and I will keep going with the rest of Tiffany's crew - I'll just be a few days behind.

I am not giving up.

Bright light in today, I have been promised an interview for an internal position I applied for.  Currently I work as an Administrative Assistant at one of our construction sites. The position I applied for is Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President of our division and is in our Head Office which is less than 10 minutes from home, instead of an hour + (sometimes) commute each way.  I don't know when the interview will be yet, but hopefully it will be in a few days when I am feeling better and looking less haggard.  Time to go through the closet and find something professional that fits ..... I've been wearing jeans/khakis to the site for the last 6 months and I am sure all my suits are going to be too big.

More later, the kettle is whistling and I can hear the bathtub calling me.

2 comments:

  1. No worries. Wait until your body feels better. It's no big deal if your a couple days behind. We'll be doing it together for the most part, so it's all good.

    Really hope you feel better soon. It's hard to get through a work day when you feel like crap.

    ReplyDelete