Sep 20, 2009

Sunday A.M. – Not a good start

upset stomach

Hike is off. I started out to meet Tina, and had to stop three times to use the washroom. My stomach is so upset. It was upset  off and on all night last night but I thought I was pretty much over it.  I only had some tea and toast for breakfast and it seemed settled but once I got in the car and started moving – oh my gosh!  The cramps and the feeling of nausea were bad.  My stomach feels bloated and huge and I keep burping as well (TMI sorry!!). Sorry Tina and Sadie – I was SOOOO looking forward to it.

I think its definitely the two restaurant meals yesterday. I don’t think I’m sick or have the flu, other than my stomach, I feel fine. I don’t mean the meals were bad or off, I just think they were too heavy and greasy compared to what I’ve been eating the last few months and twice in one day was just too much.

I am just waiting for the kettle to boil to make some more tea then I am going back to bed and seeing if I can sleep this off.  I am committed to Tiffany for the 30 Day Shred and I am not going to let either of us down!

Just an update on one of my personal challenges – to be 199 by October 30. I am 5 weeks and about 14 lbs away. To lose 3lbs a week is hugely ambitious and I haven’t done that in a very long time.  I am not giving up on my goal – no way! I am determined to be 199 by my 42nd birthday and if not,  I will be damned close.  I am going to have ramp up the exercise and definitely be very, very focused on what I am eating.  Not only sticking to my points but being more focused on what I use those points for. I *know* that high glycemic foods cause me lose slower so I’m going to cut back on them – or at least the portion sizes – as much as possible. I am not going to deprive myself. I don’t want to be 199 on my birthday and then 250 by Christmas.  But I need to get more serious and more focused if I am going to meet that goal and it’s not impossible, it’s very doable.

In some ways, I feel like the whole month of August was wasted, for three weeks I went up and down the same 1.5-2lbs – it was crazy. At the time I thought I was doing the best I could, but I KNOW I can do better and when I pay more attention to everything I DO do better.  I am trying very hard not to become a fanatic about this weight loss thing – I want this time to stick. I want this time to be for the rest of my life and I know obsessing now and then slacking off when I get close to goal will set me up for failure so I’d rather go slow now and make  changes I can stick with. 

keys to success

My five keys for success are:

  1. Track everything, every day.
  2. 30 Day Shred everyday for 30 days (Let’s go Tiffany – we CAN do this!)
  3. Limit high glycemic foods, especially the “white’s” – (flour, sugar, pasta)
  4. Blog every day.
  5. Water, water, water, water, water.

I know from past experience this also makes me feel physically, emotionally and mentally well. My mind is clearer, I have more emotional strength and I feel “lighter”…does that make sense?

This is my 5 part, 40 day challenge to myself.

Today is Day 1.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great challenge and one that I am certain you will meet! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've found that my system can't do a lot of the foods it used to. Even light meals at restaurants fill me up like they never did before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better.

    And you're right, we can do it. No matter how much it hurts. :)

    As for your birthday goal, I love that you aren't giving up. Even IF you don't get to 199, you WILL be VERY close. Plus, you might surprise yourself.

    Go TEAM.

    ReplyDelete